Dural Dental Practice is excited to introduce the EMS AIRFLOW® ONE. This is a new, advanced machine that uses Guided Biofilm Therapy, which is the latest technology in preventative dental care.
The AIRFLOW® is a revolutionary product that was developed in Switzerland. It projects a controlled stream of air, warm water (heated to 40 degrees Celsius), and very fine pleasant tasting powder onto both the teeth surface and hard-to-reach areas. It will dislodge and remove food particles, plaque, discolouration and stains.
We recommend AIRFLOW® Guided Biofilm Therapy for all patients, however it is especially beneficial for patients who dislike the feeling of having their teeth cleaned, who have sensitive teeth, or who have dental anxiety.
This technology is also the “gold standard”1 in maintenance for patients with dental implants, or patients who are undergoing orthodontic treatment (wearing braces/brackets). This is because the handpiece can more easily get into tight spaces, without needing to come into direct contact with your teeth or gums.
What is involved in Guided Biofilm Therapy?
Guided Biofilm Therapy involves applying a harmless dye to the teeth to physically stain the bacteria, which will then be effectively removed with the AIRFLOW® ONE product.
The bacteria will be stained in 3 different colours depending on the type of bacteria present.
Advantages of the AIRFLOW® system
• More effective at removing plaque (dental biofilm) than traditional cleaning and prophylaxis methods.
• More effective at removing surface stains (such as tea, coffee, red wine and tobacco) than traditional cleaning prophylaxis methods.
• More comfortable for patients who suffer from sensitive teeth, as the water is heated to 40 degrees Celsius.
• Eliminates the need for prophylaxis with a handpiece, rubber cup/brush and gritty paste.
• Greatly reduces the need to use traditional ultrasonic (electric) or hand (manual) instruments during teeth cleaning.
• More comfortable for patients.
Swiss Dental Academy The Future of Modern Prophylaxis (https://int.sda swissdentalacademy.com/about-